Posted Wed, 08 Jul 2015 13:04:59 GMT by Hector Jose Gosalbez Ingeniero Químico
Hi,

I will try to ask you a simple question. I am starting to create the model of a Biostyr of Veolia, and the Trickling filter I think that is the appropriate one. Despite this system, in real life, has not secondary decanter, I am afraid that West needs to incorporate a secondary clarifier in order to simulate the quality of the effluent, and to estimate the flow of sludge to drain. Do you consider that this approach is correct to start? I know that this means to simplify some aspects (I do not consider the different steps to wash the filter, and the return of dirty water to the beginning of the WWTP), but I do not need to complicate a lot the model.

Thanks a lot for your time.
Posted Wed, 08 Jul 2015 20:21:16 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
Do you mean a Trickling Filter block (as it's currently implemented, i.e. a biofilm- + suspended-growth conversion models) coupled to a 'solid separation' block (e.g. point-settler) ?
It sounds like a reasonable approach to me, yes.
Posted Thu, 09 Jul 2015 06:21:30 GMT by Hector Jose Gosalbez Ingeniero Químico
That´s right Enrico. The doubt was very simple, but I preferred to be sure, before to incorporate a secondary clarifier in a specific technology where there is not.

Thanks again, as always, for your kind and effective support.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.