Posted Fri, 09 Dec 2016 17:57:13 GMT by cpdmulde
Hello,

When working with my model, running a steady state simulation worked before. I changed some things, along which the name of the output file, the time interval to write data to the output file, and the stop time of the steady state simulation. I might have changed some control parameters as well, but I can't quite recall.
After these changes, WEST throws the error as shown in attachment, completely out of the blue. Very inconvenient as well, because it keeps popping up when clicking OK, making that I have to force WEST to shut down, open it again, change something, and see if it worked. It hasn't so far, so I've done this a couple of times already, kind of tedious.
I've tried running a dynamic simulation (so without first running steady state) and that works.

Any idea what the error message might mean?

Best,
Chaïm
Posted Fri, 09 Dec 2016 20:54:32 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
It may be best you direct this to mikebydhi@dhigroup.com as it may take one or two iterations.
In fact, I would like to get your entire project folder - assuming you haven't used custom models, in which case we'd also need the library.

In the meantime: I see the "Influent - in" wizard is open, have you perhaps done anything in relation to the influent? E.g. adding/deleting/renaming one of the "custom" components, without adjusting the fractionation model and re-generating the model + influent file? just a thought ...

Another thing that may help: put the Logging pane on the foreground (dock it to the Layout); clear it first; then launch the steady-state simulation. You will see messages scrolling, until the first error message - which in turns will fire the error message pop-up. The message in the Logging may be a lot more informative and point you to the exact cause.

If you cannot figure this out, please contact MIKE.
Posted Mon, 12 Dec 2016 08:10:18 GMT by cpdmulde
I've tried both suggestions, thank you for those.
Still doesn't work though, so I'm contacting MIKE, adding both project folder and library.

Thanks for your time!

Chaïm

You must be signed in to post in this forum.