Hi there,

I was wondering if there is an easy way to take Interception of certain areas (e.g. forests) into account when modelling precipitation events in MIKE21? I know, that i could basically use the Infiltration tab in the Flow Model (constant in time, varying in domain), but this menu requires an infiltration (or in this case interception) rate, e.g. mm/hour.

The interception values I managed to find are not rates but values/heights in mm, e.g. 4 mm for forest areas. This kind makes sense since e.g. trees have a maximum interception amount, that is not really time dependent. It would be nice to use a dfs2-file with spatially varying interception heights that removes the precipitation amount from the model in those certain areas until the precipitation exceeds the interception height.

The only way i can imagine is modifiying my precipitation-dfs2-file by removing/modifying the precpitation rate in certain areas and time steps. This seems a bit tricky and time consuming though (I need to to it for several modelling areas).

Any other ideas?

Greetings
Sebastian