Posted Sun, 13 May 2018 17:28:20 GMT by Olcay EGRIBOYUN Coastal Eng
Hi everyone, I have a problem

There is a fishing harbor at the attachment. Harbour located at the end of a narrow beach. With incoming waves sediment moves to the harbor. At "A" point depth was -7 m in 2006 and -0.5 m in 2016.

Is the sediment transport module (ST) or mud transport module (MT) can simulate 10 years sediment moving with reasonable time ?

I tried to simulate HD-SW-ST coupled with 10 days , it took 2 hours.

If I try to simulate 10 years, I think it will take 1 week.

1 week is not acceptable simulation time so how can I simulate this siltation problem ?

Is the LITPACK can give me depth changes ?   

Thank you all
Posted Mon, 14 May 2018 05:34:52 GMT by Christian Tomsu Germany
Hi,

do you use the MIKE21FM with GPU ? This will accelerate the simulation extremely. You can even use more than 1 GPU..

On the other hand: how many elements do you have ?
Have you already optimized your mesh? No small elements, no large element changes ?

You can output quality parameters which indicate unstable or critical elements during the simulation thus you can optimize those areas.

Finally:
You can try to use the low order integration and discretization schemes -> this will also accelerate the simulation.
If you do so, you should carefully check the results.

Hope that helps a bit.

Bests Christian

Posted Mon, 14 May 2018 06:38:58 GMT by Olcay EGRIBOYUN Coastal Eng
Christian thanks for reply.

I didn't use GPU, I dont have GPU.

I have about 8000 elements, working area is 1500m x 3500m

I checked mesh carefully, there is no bad element like small-big element changes

Also I used low order method as you said

Do you know ST module can solve my problem, ST can simulate bed level changes with sediment which coming from sandy beach?

Do you know ST module can simulate 10 years or more ?

best regards

You must be signed in to post in this forum.