Posted Thu, 04 Sep 2014 17:32:14 GMT by nikhilgarg.gju
Hi,

I am trying to obtain a 2D spectral values of Energy Density from MIKE 21 SW. I have tried using .dfsu file type, but I have been unable to do so till now.

I was wondering if some one can help me in this regards. Also, I wanted to know that what will the array look like in dfsu output.

cheers
Posted Fri, 05 Sep 2014 01:54:13 GMT by Chien Chin
You can save another output with dfs2 extension (manually change) when you run the model. Then you can open energy density dfs2 in normal grid series view.
For dfsu, you may try to duplicate the dfsu file (to avoid changing to the original file), and then change the duplicated file's extension from dfsu to dfs1, you should able to view it.
Posted Mon, 08 Sep 2014 05:31:41 GMT by nikhilgarg.gju
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I changed the output to .dfs2 from .dfsu and I get the output which looks somewhat logical but I am still confused as the .dfs file system works where they flatten the array, meaning that a 16*25 array will become a list of 400 values. What I am not able to understand is that how is the flattening of array done. In my model, 16 directions for wave propagation and 25 frequencies. I am trying to figure out whether it is block of 16 direction per frequency or block of 25 frequency per direction.

Currently, I have seen that it makes sense if i use block of 16 per frequency. I am not sure if i make any sense so i just attached my result.

Hope, someone can agree to what I am trying to do.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.