Posted Tue, 22 Jul 2014 07:00:40 GMT by Razieh Sanandaji
Hi
I am a mike21 new user, i have imported all data needed and i want to get type 0 result which is point series result, i got no error until when i run the program the simulation will be finished in a second and it gives me this error:

fhdst2: wrong file extension
Abnormal  completion

any one knows what is the problem?
Posted Tue, 22 Jul 2014 07:17:33 GMT by Razieh Sanandaji
This error ( wrong file extension) happens when i choose a path for result folder as a custom location like a folder in my pc which i named "result" and i also when in a result folder i choose default location.
but when i choose a result folder, custom location which i named it "result.dfs0" it gives me different error: unable to create output file!

why is this happening? :(
Posted Tue, 22 Jul 2014 07:47:16 GMT by Mathieu Hellegouarch
Hi Razieh,

if you want to save a time series output, the value in the "Type" column must be 0, and the file extension in the "Data file" column must be *.dfs0. Can you check these two things?

If that looks correct and if the problem persists, you'd better attach your model files, so that someone can have a look and identify the issue.

Best regards,
Mathieu
Posted Tue, 22 Jul 2014 08:51:40 GMT by Razieh Sanandaji
It seemd the srror have disapear but now ahen i want to get the result for a whole year for 3931200 time steps for only one point, it gives me only one time step result

i have attached the picture of both

thanks for your concern
Posted Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:21:16 GMT by Mathieu Hellegouarch
Hi Razieh,

It seems that you have a problem in the definition of the output file: indeed a time series is located with a single J and a single K coordinate. So you should only have one value in both the J and the K columns, but in your case you have 2 values separated by a comma. You should try to apply only one value and see if it works.

Note that you can click on the "..." button between the 'Time ' and 'Data file' columns, which will open a new window in which it's easier to type the coordinates and time steps.

Finally, the reason why you only get one time step in your result file is simply because your simulation actually didn't run: in the simulation tab, you got an error "Abnormal run completion" which means that an issue has been detected and that the simulation has stopped. Look further into this section to see what the problem is.

Best regards,
Mathieu
Posted Wed, 23 Jul 2014 09:20:13 GMT by Razieh Sanandaji
Hi Mathieu

Thanks for reminding me about having only one value in both j and k columns, i did that but still i get an abnormal result. so i have inserted all pictures of my simulation tab into a pdf file, i will appreciate you if you take a look at the pictures and help me to figure out what the problem is...

thanks
Posted Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:16:37 GMT by Michael Potthoff
Hi Razieh

Would be much simpler if you just attach the log file ( *.log, should be in the same directory) instead of a pasting that into a PDF ;-)

On the last page you see that the engine reports a blow-up due "negative water depth", thus probably your initial conditions for the water surface level and/or the boundary conditions are causing this.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.