Posted Sat, 01 Jul 2017 06:47:43 GMT by optikx
I wonder how I can export the results of a dfsu file (water depth, surface elevation) to AutoCAD (dxf, dwg). I would like to show the results of flooding in an autocad map.
Posted Sat, 01 Jul 2017 20:52:35 GMT by Christian Tomsu Germany
Hi,

a complex way is to convert the results into shape files and convert the shape files to dxf. But then, you do not have the nicely looking shaded contours but only the elemental values and element geometry.

A second way is to convert the dfsu to dfs2 and convert those into usable raster files.

Unfortunately, there is no possibility to export the shaded contours data - as I know.
You can export the results as BMP, but it is not georeferenced.

We, SPEKTER, have developed an approach to export the shaded contours as nodal data. Those nodal data were further processed to whatever format you want.
So, if you are interested in this, you can contact me via e-Mail.

Bests Christian
Posted Mon, 04 Sep 2017 09:10:47 GMT by Kristopher Calder
You could always open the Dfsu using Data Manager and then use the Export tool to create an xyz of your chosen variable at a given timestep.

It would then be possible to create a surface in AutoCAD using this xyz data.

Kris
Posted Mon, 04 Sep 2017 09:42:45 GMT by Christian Tomsu Germany
Hi Kris,

you are right.
But you will only get the values in the element centers.
You do not have any rule to interpolate the values along.

That means along at each model border you will have undefined areas unless you use the elements in some way as cell geometry.

Consequently: the problem is not the export itself - but the interpolation in the external system, i.e. AutoCAD or QGIS or any else.

Bests
Christian
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2019 05:36:39 GMT by Mohd Ruzaimei Yalit
Hi Christian,

I am Ruzaimei from Malaysia. I am Master student and currently do modelling using MIKE FLOOD software. I want to export surface result (consisting shaded contour) from mike 21 to GIS data. I am interested with your approach to convert shaded contour to nodal point. Would u mind to share the tool?
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2019 22:39:46 GMT by Christian Tomsu Germany
Hi,

unfortunately I am not allowed to share this routine for free
We have developed it on our own budget.

You can send us an e-Mail: info@spekter.de

Bests
Christian

You must be signed in to post in this forum.