Hello there

So, I am working in a project were I have to take into consideration both: swell and wind waves.  I have a  particular spot were the resulting significant wave height decreases from one time step to the next even though the wind velocity increased in the same interval.  Curiosity led me to model the same mesh under two more scenarios:

1) Using only swells as boundary conditions (swell mesh)

2) using only wind forcing. It set the boundary condition for swells to Zero (wind mesh)

My objective with this exercise was to confirm that the vector sum of the 2 separate models was going to be equal to the significant wave height calculated when both processes were modeled at the same time. To my surprise, after comparing the 3 meshes, it looks like Mike SW actually chooses either one or the other result. There are areas where the "combined mesh results" are very close to the "wind mesh"and some other areas where the combined results are closer to the "swell mesh" (see attachment). Does this make sense? Does Mike 21 SW selects the results after defining some "area of influence"? Am I getting this right?

Thank you so much for your help

Vicky