Posted Thu, 27 Aug 2015 10:15:17 GMT by Jérémie Roques International Volunteer; Hydrological mapping and model implementation
Hello everybody.

I would like to manually define open boundaries in my M21 model. Basically, those boundaries are single points boundaries.
Each time I try a simulation I get the following message : 'Single point boundary not well defined' or 'Internal boundary not well  defined'.

I have absolutely no idea were is the problem from; could someone give me some hints to solve this issue ?

Might this be linked to the land value ? Or the fact that one on my boundary is in the middle of my DEM (ie. On the coast; beyond the coastal boundary are blank values; deleted on the dfs2 file) ?

Thanks

J.R.
Posted Wed, 02 Sep 2015 11:51:49 GMT by Mathieu Hellegouarch
Hi,

The problem is indeed most likely due to the land values.

When defining an open boundary (on the edges of the domain), there must be land values on the neighboring cells along the edge of the domain.

For internal boundaries, there must be land values on 3 out of the 4 sides of the boundary cell(s).

Does that solve your problem?

Best regards
Mathieu
Posted Tue, 08 Sep 2015 14:23:42 GMT by Jérémie Roques International Volunteer; Hydrological mapping and model implementation
Hi;

Thanks for those hints Mathieu; this helped me understand better how Mike identify internal and open boundaries.

Best

JR
Posted Mon, 29 Feb 2016 11:52:20 GMT by IvanoFFspal
Thanks for your reply.

On Windows, it is available, but not available on Mac.  Any comments from Mac users?

___

[b][url=http://www.botmasterlabs.net/xrumer/]XRumer 12.0.16 + SocPlugin[/url][/b]: the BEST software for Facebook / VK / Forums / Blogs promotion!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.