Posted Wed, 27 Jul 2016 08:35:48 GMT by Kazi Hassan
Hello Torben (DHI) and MIKE11 users,

I am trying to sort out an error (error 25: water level greater than 4 times max. depth).

So far I have tried many things: i) changing initial condition (but run crushes about 12 hours later from start time, so probably initial condition is less relevant), ii) roughness value, iii) run time step, iv) added an artificial slot slot to relevant cross-section.

The model run crushes over in a reach, where I have a sluice (always open) and a tabulated structure.

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Kazi
Posted Wed, 27 Jul 2016 15:36:51 GMT by Kazi Hassan
Hi All,

Regarding error no. 25, I have sorted it out; so no worries.

A good lesson is water level can build-up for many different reason, not only for instability; I did not want to sort it out by a short-cut, and so I did not modify the default value (4) for the WL_EXCEDENCE=4 in the MIKE11.ini file.

Because I have a tabulated structure just d/s of the sluice, that structure was the cause of water level build-up; in previous all runs, the sluice was operational by certain rules, and now the sluice is 'Always Open'; as a result lot of water started entering the channel, and exceeded the Q-H range in the tabulated structure, and as a result, discharge became zero above that water level, whereas lot of water was entering that channel from another channel. So, I extended the Q-H range in the tabulated structure, and everything is fine.

Thanks for your reading of my previous post, and hope my experience becomes useful for potential users of MIKE11.

Regards

You must be signed in to post in this forum.