Posted Thu, 19 Jun 2014 14:40:16 GMT by Aurelian
Hello,

Does anyone know how to get the geographical information of the computational nodes (grid points) from a  Mike 11 HD model ? In other words, is there any way of exporting the computational nodes of Discharge and Water Level to a shapefile ?

Thanks,
Aurelian
Posted Thu, 19 Jun 2014 15:51:09 GMT by Mathieu Hellegouarch
Hi Aurelian,

You should try to use the res11read.exe tool for that: it allows to export the coordinates (along with other data) from a *.res11 file into a text file.

You can then load these coordinates into your GIS directly from a text file, but from the GIS you can also export the data to a Shape File.

The res11read.exe tool has to be executed from a DOS prompt. It's described in MIKE 11's manuals, but let me know if you need assistance to use it.

Best regards,
Mathieu
Posted Fri, 20 Jun 2014 10:27:45 GMT by Aurelian
Hi Mathieu,

I found the option which could be used as argument for res11read.exe in order to get the XY coordinates of the grid points and this is "-xy" (for all grid points). Thank you very much for your helpful indication.

I'll write below the content of the batch file which i used:

set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files (x86)\DHI\2012\bin

set res11FilePath="%CD%\RiverX.res11"
set outputFilePath="%CD%\RiverX (XY-AllNodes).txt"

res11read.exe  -xy %res11FilePath% %outputFilePath%
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 02:55:42 GMT by Anna Marburg GIS Analyst
As an alternative approach,

Open the network file , then under the view menu select Tabular view
then click on  network-> points; then just copy and paste into excel.
Once you have an excel file of coordinates, than most GIS packages have a simple import tool to create the points.
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 06:59:56 GMT by Aurelian
Hi amarburg,

I think the points you've mentioned are not computational nodes. Those points are used to describe the geographical / physical path of the river branches. In most of the cases, the number of this type of points is bigger than the number of computational nodes.

Anyway, thank you for your post. Maybe, this discussion will clarify some aspects of this subject.

Kind regards,
Aurelian
Posted Tue, 28 Oct 2014 12:31:27 GMT by Marcelo Lago Vice-President
Just to add that there is an user-friendly shell available for executing res11read.exe that includes the generation of shape files.

You can download it and try it at http://www.lago-consulting.com/res11readshell.html
Posted Tue, 10 Mar 2015 20:00:13 GMT by Christian Gabriel Environmental Consultant
res11read only works with res11 files, correct? I'm using the Mike1D engine which stores results in res1d files. It doesn't seem that a similar extraction tool exists for that format yet?!
Chris
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2018 16:21:55 GMT by Somchai Chonwattana
It seem very late reply, anyway for future use.
DHI have specific tool for res1d extraction can be download from:

DHI's download page / tool
Looking the tool name "Res1d extraction tools"

https://www.mikepoweredbydhi.com/download/mike-by-dhi-tools

Regards,
Somchai.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.