Posted Thu, 14 Apr 2016 12:58:20 GMT by DASARI SASIDHAR
Hi all

I have simulated MIKE 11 for set of data. The simulated water level values are less than the observed values whereas the simulated discharge values are higher than observed values. What could be the reason for this error. Can anyone help me out with this issue
Posted Thu, 14 Apr 2016 21:51:47 GMT by Ricardo Machado Student
Hi Sasi,

It can't be said that it is an "error". MIKE 11 is a model, and like all models it represents a real physical system in a simplified way.
There could be a number of reasons that explain the difference between simulated and observed water level and discharge and after building the main structure of your model you must then proceed to calibrate parameters which will have a direct influence on those variables.
Per example, if your water level is lower than the observed values then maybe you should increase roughness. In turn this will also lower the discharge. However...that is just one parameter. Are there weirs or other structures that could influence those variables? You must consider that as well.

Best regards,
Ricardo Machado
Posted Sat, 16 Apr 2016 18:05:16 GMT by DASARI SASIDHAR
Hi
I don't have any structures in my model. There is a small structure which i am not considering in my present study. Yes, my model is sensitive to roughness. But is it sufficient to give manning's n in the cross section editor or do we need to provide manning's n at all the chainages in HD Parameters file again?.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.