Posted Mon, 22 Jun 2015 23:33:23 GMT by Alireza Vahidi
I am getting warning no 53 when I run my model.
Warning no 53 : total corrected volume 0.526
I have looked around the Mike 11 reference manual and Mike 11 user guide I could not find any related information.
It would be great if some body can answer my question.
Cheers.
Posted Tue, 23 Jun 2015 09:21:08 GMT by Ricardo Machado Student
Hi backspace2062,

It's a water balance warning. Why it is happening though I cannot say without more information. Does the log file say anything else related to that warning? Or do you have any other warnings or errors?
I remember getting that warning in MIKE FLOOD when the downstream level of my MIKE 11 river had a slightly different bed level than the MIKE 21 cell that it was connected to. If you are running a coupled simulation of this kind I would look into that.
If it's you are running a MIKE 11 simulation only, then maybe the same can happen if you have different bed levels in the sections where two river branches join and you will need to manually change those bed levels so they are the same.

Kind regards,
Ricardo Machado
Posted Thu, 25 Jun 2015 02:10:18 GMT by Alireza Vahidi
Hi Ricardo,
I am running Mike 11 model only. My model is an irrigation canal with several control structures and offtakes.
in addition to warning no 53, I am getting warning no 42 saying that :
The latteral flow in .... is greater than the amount of water available. the lateral out flow has been modified to avoid the local water level falling bellow the bed level . The modification has occurred 2100 times.
I think the model tries to add some more water to canal to fix the problem.
I did not it would happen in channels as well.
Thanks for you help
Posted Thu, 25 Jun 2015 09:48:05 GMT by Ricardo Machado Student
Is the chainage where these warnings occur close to anything specific like a control structure or branch junction? If so then it most likely has to do with how they are configured. In the case of a the chainage where 2 branches meet you need to make sure the bed level is the same in both branches to avoid problems.
The program seems to be trying to add water to prevent the river from drying out.
Anyway, the amount of water being added is very small so, unless you see other instabilities attached to this issue, it should be ok to ignore it.
Posted Sun, 28 Jun 2015 14:22:33 GMT by Alireza Vahidi
Hi Ricardo
Thanks  for your advice.
I am not getting this error close to a control structure.  sometimes there is no flow in my irrigation canal and it is getting dry. I think that is the reason of this error.  I have 1 more question.( If you don't mind ) 
Is it it possible to get this error in our model just because of instability issues? (I mean in one branch model(without any junction))
Cheers.
Posted Sun, 28 Jun 2015 18:24:52 GMT by Ricardo Machado Student
I suppose it is possible to get that error even if you only have one branch as it seems to originate from the river drying out. You can verify this yourself by removing the other branches and keeping only the one where you have this problem, simply use the same flow there.
However, a small detail in what you wrote just caught my attention...you said "lateral" flow. So do you have a lateral weir or something?

Best regards,
Ricardo Machado

You must be signed in to post in this forum.