Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2018 10:06:18 GMT by Laura Wignall PhD Student
Hi,

I am using MIKE 11 to create a model of the main branch of a river. I have imported my cross sections as raw data (X, Z) however when I run the simulation I get the following error:
ERROR: Processed hydraulic radii must be positive.
Cross section as reach 'MAIN BRANCH', chainage 2000.00 m.

I have looked at the processed data for this cross section and for the last two rows, the hydraulic radius has been calculated as 0- but I dont know why. I have attached a screen shot. Any guidance welcome.

Also, I dont have any data available for the lower boundary condition so was hoping to define as free outflow- what option in boundary data editor would this be?

Thanks.
Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2018 08:53:52 GMT by Aurelian
Hello Laura,

This type of error sometimes happens. It could be caused by geometry of the cross section. Can you export the cross section as raw data for this location (MAIN BRANCH', chainage 2000.00 m) and upload the file here? To export a cross-section, select it by double clicking on it's chainage (in the left tree view), than, go to File -> Export Selected Sections -> Export Raw Data... .

Kind regards,
Aurelian

Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2018 09:28:40 GMT by Laura Wignall PhD Student
Hi,

I have exported the data for the cross sections in question.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Much appreciated.

Laura
Posted Thu, 22 Feb 2018 15:42:39 GMT by Aurelian
Hi,

I think the problem is that the X column (cumulative distance) was not computed (at all). Because there is no reason to start a cumulative distance array with 187458 m, instead of starting with 0.

Please see the attachment.

Kind regards,
Aurelian
Posted Fri, 23 Feb 2018 07:10:38 GMT by Laura Wignall PhD Student
Thank you for your help. I will take a closer look at my cross section data.

Laura

You must be signed in to post in this forum.