Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 18:24:39 GMT by Sujit Jha CESE, Research Scholar
Dear all,

I am using MIKE FLOOD for flood modelling of a river which is highly influenced by high tides. Catchment of river also receives heavy rainfall in monsoon.

Can anyone tell me how to input Tidal data in MIKE 11? If anyone having documentation or paper similar to this case then please share with me. My email id is sumitjnm@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sumit
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 08:58:19 GMT by Aurelian
Hello Sumit,

If the only significant influence of the tides in your river model is changing the sea level which has important influence in the downstream part of the river, the solution is to use a water level hydrograph as a downstream boundary condition.

Best regards,
Aurelian
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 17:50:15 GMT by Sujit Jha CESE, Research Scholar
Dear Aurelian,

I am working on a urban catchment which is having extreme rainfall as well as tidal influence and which is causing severe flooding every year. Would you please suggest me how I should I go ahead in this case.

Lot of thanks,

Regards,

Sumit
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 17:18:12 GMT by Mathieu Hellegouarch
Hi Sumit,

To apply a varying water level as downstream boundary condition, you need to:
1: create a time series containing the water level data. Simply create a new time series file, and then paste your data into this file.
2: in MIKE 11, open the boundary file, and add a boundary condition at the downstream end of your model, where you want to apply the water level data. Select the boundary type "Water level", and in the lower table, select your time series.

Hope this will help.

Regards,
Mathieu
Posted Fri, 01 Nov 2013 11:50:10 GMT by Sujit Jha CESE, Research Scholar
Thanks Mathieu,

Regards,
Sumit

You must be signed in to post in this forum.