Posted Wed, 05 Mar 2014 15:26:59 GMT by Mengni Dong
Hi,
I am running the water quality model in MIKESHE and i have encountered an error called: MIKE11 can not read HD result file.
When AD & HD simulation were performed in MIKE11itself, it succeed. However, when i coupled MIKE11 to MIKESHE with the AD water quality module selceted, the error occurred . Is there anyone knows how to solve the problem?
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 12:47:22 GMT by Torben Strange Jensen
Hi Mani

Running MIKE SHE AD/WQ is only possible in a de-coupled mode, as you know, and therefore, you must defined the setup such that you run WM (Water Movement) initially and thereafter the MIKE SHE WQ-simulation.
Likewise, it is required to setup MIKE 11 in a de-coupled mode and run the AD-simulation in MIKE 11 as a stand-alone simulation (without running the HD-model and AD-model simultanously). Therefore, you must make a AD-simulation which use the HD result-file as an input and this is most likely what is causing your present problem.

Solution should be to make a seperate sim11-file for the de-coupled AD-simulation, where you only activate Advection-Dispersion simulation. In this you must then specify the HD Result file on the Input file page.
Once you have a stand-alone AD-simulation running you should be able to use this in your MIKE SHE setup and run without the present error.
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 11:55:19 GMT by Mengni Dong

Thank you so much Tor,

That problem is solved. Now i would like to couple lateral inflow from MIKESHE to MIKE11 instead of just running a stand-alone AD simulation. What i did is to active `LATERAL_INFLOW_FROM_RESULT_FILE' in the MIKE11.ini file by swetiching from OFF to ON. Next i specify the normal .res11 type rather than HD.res11 from a previous run in the HD result file. The WQ file is then run under MIKESHE with AD module selected.
Do you think what i did is correct?

Thanks again!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.