Posted Fri, 24 Jul 2015 12:25:33 GMT by Mohit Mohanty
Dear All,
I am currently working on MIKE 11. I have used the RR module (NAM) and gave the rainfall, evaporation and discharge as inputs. I was curious to know what results does this specific module show after I had given these inputs into the module. Because I can see nothing in the MIKE VIEW option. Secondly, I wanted to estimate the discharge from the MIKE 11 software. Is it possible if I have certain predicted rainfall data????Please someone guide me.

Thanks

Mohit
Posted Sat, 25 Jul 2015 10:07:57 GMT by Ricardo Machado Student
Hello Mohit,

Can you explain yourself a bit clearer please? Is your problem not being able to visualize results in MIKE VIEW?
You can certainly simulate discharge in a river as the result of rainfall on its catchment.

Best regards,
Ricardo Machado
Posted Mon, 27 Jul 2015 12:01:47 GMT by Mohit Mohanty
Dear Sir:
I am trying to develop a comprehensive flood risk map for a rural catchment in India. In doing so, I need to run the NAM module of RR editor from 2015-2100 independently. Now say for example, I have already the rainfall, discharge and evapo-transpiration data for 2014, I shall be able to run the RR editor without any difficulty. Now say, I want to run NAM for 2020, in order to approach to find out the flood risk for the future time. I already have the rainfall values. But I do not have any discharge/evapotranspiration values for the same. So, my questions are (i) is there any way by which MIKE can simulate the discharge value for 2020, which can be given as an input in the NAM: RR parameter (along with rainfall) which running. (ii) What exactly will the MIKE 11 run of 2014 give me and where can I view it.

Thanks

Mohit
Posted Mon, 27 Jul 2015 19:23:38 GMT by Ricardo Machado Student
I don't have that much experience using NAM but from what I understand if you have data for the year 2014 you can use that to autocalibrate the NAM model and from that point on you can get discharge results for any other year as long as you have rainfall data. Considering you are probably modelling heavy rainfall (since you are attempting to create flood maps) I suppose you can assume the evaporation takes on a constant small percentage of the rainfall. How much exactly I wouldn't know as I'm not familiar with India's climate, but I'm sure there's some textbook data on that.
Also, if this is your first attempt at using the NAM model you might want to look at the help file. It includes a small tutorial on how to use it.

I hope this helps!
Ricardo Machado
Posted Thu, 30 Jul 2015 10:24:46 GMT by Mohit Mohanty
Dear Sir,
Thanks a lot for your reply. This sounds good and I shall explore the model to find out the discharge data. This shall evidently solve my purpose as well.

Regards

Mohit

You must be signed in to post in this forum.