Please wait...

Error

Posted Mon, 20 Dec 2010 14:04:10 GMT by Maurizio Vaccaro Egr. dott.
Hello,
I am trying to upload a map oof a 2D vertical section in feflow 6.
Loading the file WGEO is opened automatically, but clicking on "Back to Feflow" it crashes saying that "The map " ... .tiff" is invalid! Unable to determine world coordinates!"
It happens also with a .jpeg format file.
What is the problem?
Thanks for your help!
Maurizio Vaccaro
PhD student
Posted Mon, 20 Dec 2010 16:14:56 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Maurizio,
FEFLOW openes WGEO in case the map you want to load is not georeferenced, so that WGEO can be used to add a geographical reference to the image file. If you close WGEO WITHOUT georeferencing the map by "Back to FEFLOW", the geographical reference is still missing. Therefore FEFLOW says that the map is invalid - FEFLOW is not able to find the real-world coordinates. To solve the problem, use WGEO to georeference the map and save the map before returning to FEFLOW.

Peter
Posted Mon, 20 Dec 2010 16:40:25 GMT by Maurizio Vaccaro Egr. dott.
Thank you very much.
Do I need a complete license also for WGEO to georeference the map?
Anyway, having a tif format file, which is the simplest way to georeference (manually, for example, I mean)?
Thanks again.
Maurizio
Posted Tue, 21 Dec 2010 14:51:14 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
The license for WGEO installed with FEFLOW is sufficient for georeferencing. Please have a look at the WGEO help for a detailed description of the process.
Posted Thu, 13 Jan 2011 14:06:04 GMT by Maurizio Vaccaro Egr. dott.
I could at least import the tif map into feflow and then shifted the origin of the axis maunually. But is there a way to shift also the global coordinates origin, than just the local coordinates origin?
Thank you very much.
Maurizio
Posted Thu, 13 Jan 2011 14:55:51 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Background maps are always assumed to have global coordinates. It is not possible to shift the origin of the global system related to the background map.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.