Please wait...

Error

Posted Sat, 10 Apr 2010 14:44:09 GMT by Christian Tomsu Germany
Dear Members,

has anyone experiences with setting up the HelloWorld - example with Dev-C++ - Development environment ??

Best Regards,
Henilein
Posted Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:31:03 GMT by Christian Tomsu Germany
To precise the problem:

Dev-C++ doesn't support project dependencies. Therefore it is not possible to attach the ifm - project as described in the Hello - World -  tutorial to the Hello - World - project.

Has anyone a workaround ?

Any answers are appreciated.
Best Regards Henilein
Posted Wed, 21 Apr 2010 06:59:41 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
I have no experience with Dev-C++, but probably you'd have to compile the IFM project separately, and then link to the IFM library from the IFM module project. We used to do this in Visual Studio, too, but having both projects has the big advantage that Microsofts IntelliSense works fine, i.e., you get information about the arguments of all IFM functions when writing them etc.
Note that you do not have to use the full version of Visual Studio - the free Express edition is usually sufficient for IFM projects that do not need sophisticated code optimization.
Posted Thu, 22 Apr 2010 20:07:01 GMT by Christian Tomsu Germany
Dear Peter,

thank you, works fine.
Exactly as described in your example.

Henilein
Posted Mon, 19 Mar 2012 20:51:07 GMT by madhura
Hi,

I am new to c++ and IFM programming. I am setting up the environment with VS C++ 2010 for IFM programming.
I am following the steps mentioned in the ifm_example.pdf which i found from the net.
At step 5 in the document that is compiling the projects, I am stuck since I am getting an error build failure as below.

I read on rhe forum that this issue has been resolved in the patch 6.06 hence I also downloaded the patch 6.06 but still I am getting the same error.
Can anyone please help me to resolve this issue.

Creating library C:\Documents and Settings\mwhuser\My Documents\FEFLOW IFM Projects\HelloFeflowWorld\Debug\HelloFeflowWorld.lib and object C:\Documents and Settings\mwhuser\My Documents\FEFLOW IFM Projects\HelloFeflowWorld\Debug\HelloFeflowWorld.exp
2>HelloFeflowWorld.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _IfmSetPrimarySource referenced in function _RegisterModule
2>HelloFeflowWorld.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _IfmSetHtmlPage referenced in function _RegisterModule
2>HelloFeflowWorld.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _IfmSetCopyrightPath referenced in function _RegisterModule
2>HelloFeflowWorld.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _IfmSetDescriptionString referenced in function _RegisterModule
2>HelloFeflowWorld.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _IfmRegisterModule referenced in function _RegisterModule
2>HelloFeflowWorld.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _IfmModuleVersion referenced in function _RegisterModule
2>C:\Documents and Settings\mwhuser\My Documents\FEFLOW IFM Projects\HelloFeflowWorld\Debug\HelloFeflowWorld.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Madhura

You must be signed in to post in this forum.