Please wait...

Error

Posted Mon, 07 Jun 2010 22:10:24 GMT by Martin Stewart
Is it possible to run an external module that can initiate FEFLOW, run a simulation then save the results? I would like to create a routine that is capable of running multiple .fem files in sequence. I don't think IFM can handle this, although please correct me if I am wrong. Anyone have any experience in this regard?

i would like to be able to run  a routine where I input a list of .fem files that are pre-configured, and let it run all the simulations in sequence automatically (so I don't have to come in continually over a weekend to save and start new model runs :P)

thanks
Martin
Posted Tue, 08 Jun 2010 15:45:37 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Martin,

please go to the FEFLOW help system, and search for "batch" (6.0 Standard), or go to the top level and click on "Batch Mode" (5.x and 6.0 Classic). You will find a description of how to start FEFLOW in batch mode and how to specify the results file to write out.

Peter
Posted Wed, 09 Jun 2010 17:53:35 GMT by Martin Stewart
Peter,

I missed that reference, thanks for pointing it out. Will the same batch file formats work for the new version 6.0 classic and standard?

Also there is a note I don't understand in the instructions, it states that "the -dac and -dar have to be used alternatively!". Does that mean I can't save consecutive .dac files for each .fem file in the batch?

Thanks again,
Martin
Posted Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:21:16 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
No, this is possible for sure. It only means that you cannot save a dac and dar file for the same simulation.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.