Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2018 11:27:36 GMT by Christian Helweg Project Manager Groundwater and Geoscience
Hi. Simple question but havn't found description in FeFlow documentation. Does geometry.thickness of a 2D discrete feature indeed refer to thickness of the feature, e.g. thickness of fault zone? and when using Hagen-poiseulle law, what is geometry.thickness used for, considering that hydraulic aperture is also a parameter?

Regards Christian
Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2018 09:14:26 GMT by Björn Kaiser
Hi Christian, the first question can be answered with yes. The thickness can be also considered as the “third dimension”. I am not sure about the second question. I did not use Hagen-Poiseuille for a while. I need to check the FEFLOW book. If I remember correctly, it is written in Chapter 4. I would expect that one parameter is used for the geometry and the other for resistances. If you are in doubt please contact the FEFLOW Support: https://www.mikepoweredbydhi.com/support. At the moment, I am at the airport and next week not in the office.
Posted Mon, 01 Oct 2018 08:57:15 GMT by Christian Helweg Project Manager Groundwater and Geoscience
Thanks. Have a nice trip. Christian
Posted Tue, 02 Oct 2018 05:59:20 GMT by Peter Schätzl
Björn, you are right: Thickness is used for geometry, aperture to calculate roughness.
Posted Fri, 05 Oct 2018 16:42:10 GMT by Björn Kaiser
Thanks Peter.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.