Please wait...

Error

Posted Tue, 17 May 2011 22:37:57 GMT by andreas fach private
Does anyone have positive experience with this job?
We just need to get the concentration determined for slice-nodes in a transport model. A Voxler 3D grid shall provide the data - but the slice is a bent surface with an irregular mesh and all I got from Voxler are horizontal regular spaced grid nodes.
Here's my related posting in the Voxler forum:  http://www.goldensoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5827&p=16229#p16229

Cheers
Andreas
Posted Fri, 20 May 2011 08:45:42 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
I'm not a VOXLER user, but maybe you can get the concentrations for X-Y-Z locations from VOXLER? Then you could export all the node locations from FEFLOW, append concentrations in VOXLER and import the concentrations back into FEFLOW.
If this is not feasible, on the FEFLOW side it would be possible to write an according 3D interpolation routine for the open programming interface, reading in the VOXLER grids and providing conctration values for the nodes to FEFLOW - but of course this means significant programming effort.
Posted Fri, 20 May 2011 16:02:51 GMT by andreas fach private
Hi Peter, thank you for your reply, unfortunately you had to use the bad words - "significant...effort". Ouch! But actually this seems to a general prolem beyound Feflow and Voxler. I suspected a solution could be doing all the math off site both Voxler and Feflow platform, say by an VB app in a spreadsheet calculation. Just to combine the xyz from feflow slice with the nearest C in Voxler e.g., whithout any interpolation.  O.K. agreed, obviously significant effort.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.