Posted Fri, 04 Jul 2008 09:21:41 GMT by Jianjun Zhou
I want to design a program to couple with Feflow ,and each on will loads the other's calculating result to do next work .But I doesn't know how to do.

Can anybody help me?
Thanks

alltimes
Posted Fri, 04 Jul 2008 09:24:44 GMT by Jianjun Zhou
complement:
I wish the kindly one can give me the process in detail, or provide some examples!
Thanks lot!
Posted Wed, 09 Jul 2008 06:46:25 GMT by Boris Lyssenko
On the FEFLOW DVD, you'll find a detailed step-by-step description of the process to create modules for the FEFLOW programming interface IFM in pdf format (in the directory /doc). Please go through this and follow the steps to get a first idea of how the coupling could be done.
Posted Wed, 09 Jul 2008 08:14:40 GMT by Jianjun Zhou
Thanks perter's help. I do read the programming interface IFM, but some information I didn't understand for I'm not know well for the functions and subprogram's name.

Do you mind to tell me how to get the data from feflow, just using some functions? Which function I'll use? and then how to return the data to feflow, and which functions I'll use?Is the callback function,for example:void postsimulation(ifmDocument pDoc),a subroutine name or just a function for load the data?

I'll wish the reply.Thanks.

alltimes
Posted Wed, 09 Jul 2008 08:37:38 GMT by Boris Lyssenko
alltimes,

if you have followed the step-by-step description, you have seen that the callback functions (like PostTimeStep) are automatically created in the c or c++ file. These functions are called from within FEFLOW at the corresponding times. As a second element of the programming interface, there are many functions that can be used to get/set data. In appendix B of the FEFLOW online help you find a complete description of all these functions (C:/Program Files/WASY/FEFLOW 5.3/help/ifm/appendix_b/appendix_b_index.html).

I hope this helps.
Peter
Posted Thu, 10 Jul 2008 03:24:56 GMT by Jianjun Zhou
Thank you so much for reply. It's very helpful to me, and then I can do to follow the description to similar with the course. Following this, I'll try to actualize my object.
Thanks a lot again, you're so kind.

alltimes

You must be signed in to post in this forum.